The Best Books
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca

3 posters

Go down

Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca Empty Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca

Post  TheNextRowling {Admin} Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:14 pm

There were some things in the world, the universe, that nobody knew about. Except for the people that were in on the secret, of course. Everyone had secrets, sure. But this secret was huge. And if anyone ever found out about it, they’d probably … well, okay, nothing would happen to them. They’d just be really, really surprised, and probably wouldn’t believe it. Which is exactly what happened to Measia Graffindore. She’d lived in the mortal world all her life, only to find out that she’s a witch twelve years after she’s born. It seems that Diffancorts Academy for Witches is the only place she’d ever fit in – that is, until her evil twin shows up, , and everyone mistakes Reasia for Measia. And when that happened … how do you prove you’re you without any proof? That’s were being a witch comes in.

Last edited by TheNextRowling {Admin} on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheNextRowling {Admin}
TheNextRowling {Admin}
Admin

Location : Hogwarts, with my boyfriend Ron, and my best friends Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Dumbledore's still alive, and he's letting me use his computer.

http://thebestbooks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca Empty Re: Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca

Post  TheNextRowling {Admin} Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Chapter One
The Magical Clues

Maesia Graffindore had always known that her family had a secret. The trouble is, ten years after she was born, she still didn’t know what it was. But she was close to finding out what it was. Maesia had three clues so far. The first one was that strange-looking thing that she found in a box in the attic. It was round, and long, like a stick. Maesia suspected that it was a wand – that’s what it looked like, at least. But what would the Graffindores have a wand for? That was a problem in Maesia’s suspicion. The second clue was an envelope with ‘Diffancorts Academy for’ stamped on the back. The last word was too faded to read. And the last clue was an old cloak, with the same ‘Diffancorts’ sewed onto the front of it.
Maesia knew that these clues went together somehow. She had a hunch, though, that they had something to do with nothing from her life. They seemed … magical, in some way that Maesia didn’t know. Maybe she was too young at the time, a mere ten years. For weeks she couldn’t stop thinking about it; what it was; what it meant. After three weeks of it, she forced the thoughts from her mind, forgetting about it. Maesia would not know until years later that her parents had taken those clues out of their place in the attic and tried everything to make sure they were still working – Maesia would need them soon.
TheNextRowling {Admin}
TheNextRowling {Admin}
Admin

Location : Hogwarts, with my boyfriend Ron, and my best friends Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Dumbledore's still alive, and he's letting me use his computer.

Back to top Go down

Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca Empty Re: Maesia Graffindore: The Chosen One ~ A Novel by Becca

Post  TheNextRowling {Admin} Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Chapter Two
The Secret Comes Out

“Maesia!” Called Daffodil, Maesia’s mother. She was in the kitchen, making their dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. That was one of Maesia’s favorites. Meanwhile, Daffodil’s daughter was upstairs in the den, reading. “Yes?” Maesia shouted back.
Daffodil stepped away from the counter at which she was mixing in the sauce with the spaghetti noodles. “Dinner is ready!”
A moment later Maesia hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen. She was a pretty girl – wavy brown hair, green eyes, and medium height. She looked a lot like her mother, who also had brown hair. Maesia got her green eyes from her dad. As if on cue, Dudley stepped into the kitchen, where the Graffindores usually ate. The dining room was reserved for holidays or birthdays, unlike that day. That day was just a normal day, thought Maesia. Little did she know that in measly minutes she would find out her family secret.

“Maesia,” said her father. She looked up from her spaghetti to see that he was looking very seriously at her. Maesia raised her eyebrows, as she was still chewing her food.
“Maesia,” Dudley repeated, “your mother and I have something to tell you. We know that it’ll come as a shock to you, but you have to believe us. Okay?”
Maesia nodded and took another bite.
This time Daffodil spoke, “Honey. Maesia, dear – we know you found those things in the attic. The wand, cloak, and envelope. You’re probably wondering what it is.”
“Uh-huh,” said Maesia, urging her mother to go on. She looked and saw her mom ringing her hands.
“Well, those things… they’re my things. I had them when I attended Diffancorts.”
Maesia was confused. “Diffancorts?” She asked quietly.
Daffodil took a deep breath, her father still silent. “Diffancorts Academy for Witches.”
“Witches?”
“Yes, witches. You know, wands, spells, all of that stuff.”
Maesia almost didn’t want to believe her. But she had promised to believe them. “So… what’re you saying? Not that you’re a witch, right?”
Her mother slowly nodded. “You said you’d believe us, we’re serious.”
“Uh, okay? Are you trying to tell me something?” Asked Maesia.
Dudley contributed to the conversation at last. “Yes. You’re a witch, Maesia.”
“You really are,” seconded Daffodil.
Maesia was silent. She didn’t know whether to believe her parents or not, although they seemed to be telling the truth.
“Seriously? You aren’t joking?”
“Promise?” She said when her parents both shook their heads.
“Of course,” said her mother.
“Alright. What’s this mean, then?” Maesia was surprised that she really knew that they were serious.
Daffodil and Dudley both smiled. “When I was ten, that’s when I first got my acceptance letter to Diffancorts. That’s only for witches,” explained Daffodil, “You’ll probably be getting yours, too, shortly. If you want to go, you can.”
And Maesia did want to go. It sounded like fun – and from looking in that letter she’d found months back, she’d get to learn all sorts of things: spells, flying on broomsticks; doing magic. She already knew her answer. “I think I want to. If it’s alright?”
“Of course,” said Maesia’s dad.
It wasn’t a big deal, to be leaving. Maesia didn’t have any friends – she’d never really fit in at school. Other kids always thought that she was odd; now she knew why. It had been her magic. She’d never used it, of course – though maybe it was still there, just lurking. She would miss her parents, though. They were all very close. According to Daffodil, students could still talk to their families on the mirrors, which she further explained when Maesia asked. When witches got good enough with spells, they could use one on any mirror. Then you can see whoever you want to talk to on the other side. It seemed just like video chatting to Maesia, something she did when one of her parents went on business trips.
Maesia looked at her mom, silently asking. She grins when Daffodil nods, smiling back.

The next few days go by fast. Maesia was assured that she’d be getting her acceptance letter soon, now she was just waiting for it. And it did. A day later, after Maesia got up in the morning, she heard the mail slot flap closed. She ran to the door and flipped through all of the magazines, bills, and letters. The letter she really wanted to see from Diffancorts wasn’t there. Little did Maesia know that mail from the magic world was delivered by air. All someone has to do is put a spell on it, telling it where to go, and it magically shows up wherever you are. That’s exactly what happened, almost two hours later. She was sitting in the family room, watching T.V. One second there was nothing next to her on the couch, the next there was.
The envelope was a dull white color, but decorated with bright red ink.

Maesia Graffindore
38 Pivet Street
Yorkshire England

Daffodil came into the room right as Mae started to open the letter. “It came!” She exclaimed.
Maesia opened the envelope; inside was two letters. The first one read:
Maesia Graffindore,
We are all pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to attend Diffancorts Academy for Witches. As you are aware, classes start on August 30th, although any students are able to arrive on August 21st or later. Enclosed in this envelope is also a list of supplies you will need, and a short questionnaire that you are required to fill out and send back. This will help us sort you into a House and dorm room.
We hope to see you soon.
Sincerely,
Janelle Miriagold
Headmistress, Diffancorts Academy for Witches
The next letter was a list of the books, clothes, and other things Maesia needed –
Books:
Inside the World of Witches by Violet Graffindore
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble: A Witch’s Guide to Spells by Freesia Storm
In the Air by Bertha Dacharms
Learning Dandinfad by Micah Fierce
Maesia stopped reading there. “Who’s Violet Graffindore?”
“That’s your dad’s mom’s mom. She’s a witch – that’s where he gets it, and that’s why you get it,” she explained.
“Oh. And what’s Dandinfad?”
“It’s a new class. It was just discovered two hundred years ago. It’s where you learn how to speed up the growth of anything.”
Maesia keeps reading.

Clothes:
1. Five cloaks, navy blue. Any color fastenings.
2. One pair of pants, any color.
3. One turtleneck sweater, long sleeve, any color.
4. Any undergarments.

Other supplies:
One wand, any size and color.
One broomstick, and brand, size and color. (Cirrus Five Hundred, Stratus Four Hundred, Cumulus Three Hundred, or Nimbus Two Hundred. Cirrus Five Hundred is recommended.)
Four notebooks, five pens and pencils.

“Where do we get all this?” Maesia wondered.
“There’s a place that sells all of this in the magic world,” her mother explained.
Maesia realized that she didn’t even know where Diffancorts was. “Where is Diffancorts, anyway?”
Daffodil looked up from the letter and said, “It’s underground of London.”
“Wait – underground?”
Her mom nodded. “Yeah. It’s just like here, only underground. You really can’t even tell the difference.”
She raised her eyebrows. “Okay,” she said. “Uh, when are we gonna go to get everything?”
“Tomorrow,” said Daffodil. The date that day was August 18th. Maesia was going to be dropped off at Diffancorts on August 21st. Only three more days, thought Maesia.

The next morning Maesia woke early. Her parents were already up, making breakfast so they could leave their house in good time. Maesia’s mother slid some link sausages onto her plate, along with a fried egg. She ate quickly, excited to see the magic world.
“How do we get there?” She asked as she finished the last of her egg.
“Diffancorts?”
“No, the place where we get my things.”
“Oh. Diffancorts and the village is the same place. It’s just a broom flight away,” said Dudley.
“A broom flight?”
Daffodil giggled. “Brooms are at least twice as fast as cars, so at Diffancorts all you do is hop on your broom and fly down to the village when you need something.”
“Do I – will I learn how?” Asked Maesia. Her father nodded in response, and they left for the village.

A little over four hours later they arrived in London - the center of it, to be exact. Dudley took out his wand once they were all out of the car, which Maesia had never seen him use until now, and muttered something under his breath. Suddenly a building appeared right in front of them; Maesia looked around at the other people. Nobody else seemed to be aware of it. Probably a spell of some sort. Dudley, Daffodil, and Maesia all traipsed up the steps and into the lobby of the building. It gave away no clues as to what it was, although it seemed very rich-looking. Maesia was about to ask what it was when they walked up to an elevator door and pushed the button. Almost instantly the doors opened and they entered. There were no buttons for floors in it, just up and down arrows. Dudley pushed the ‘down’ button and they were hurtling downward as soon as the doors closed again. Maesia closed her eyes, feeling sick. “Ugh …,” she groaned. Seconds later it fortunately stopped and the elevator doors opened. They revealed a world just like theirs, only below London. There was a big lake, surrounded by jagged mountains in the distance. The sky was light and blue, and ahead was a huge castle. Maesia assumed that it was Diffancorts.

Maesia and her family kept walking toward the village ahead. Right at the edge of it, there was a strange bubble-type-thing around the whole town.
TheNextRowling {Admin}
TheNextRowling {Admin}
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blonsky Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Love it!

Blonsky

Back to top Go down

Post  TheNextRowling {Admin} Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Blonsky wrote:Love it!

Thanks!
TheNextRowling {Admin}
TheNextRowling {Admin}
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blonsky Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Very Happy

Blonsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Isabella8898 Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 am

Your like awesomely fantastical!
Isabella8898
Isabella8898

Location : Watching High School musical with Percy to make fun of it, trying to read greek with Annabeth, riding sea-ponies with Tyson, attempting to save the world with Grover and Jupiter, and raising the dead with Mcdonalds and coke with Nico

Back to top Go down

Post  TheNextRowling {Admin} Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks, Bella! I'm still working on chapter three ...
TheNextRowling {Admin}
TheNextRowling {Admin}
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down